With modern, efficient equipment, operated 24/7 by a highly-experienced team, Trigon offers reliable, uninterrupted service, from the time materials arrive at our terminal until they are ready for transport to global markets.
Deepest Natural Harbour
Trigon is located in one of the deepest, year-round, natural harbours in the world. We can safely accommodate large vessels, with extensive anchorage room, quick and easy access to shipping lanes, and significantly shorter pilot times.
Fastest Route to Asia
Thanks to location on the northwest coast of Canada, we can deliver products from our terminal to Asian Pacific markets as much as three days faster than from other North American ports.
Our highly-efficient equipment and experienced team provide reliable, 24/7 operations. Our 9,000 tonnes per hour shiploading system is the fastest on the west coast, and can match or exceed even the largest terminals in Australia and South Africa. Our berth has the capacity to handle Cape-size vessels of up to 250,000 dead weight tonnes.
Capacity & Speed
- Annual capacity: 18.5 million tonnes
- On site storage capacity: 1.4 million tonnes
- Train loading rate: up to 6,000 tonnes per hour
- Vessel loading rate: up to 9,000 tonnes per hour
- Capable handling vessels: up to 250,000 DWT
- Two quadrant slewing shiploaders; each with a loading rate capacity of 4,500 TPH (9000 TPH combined)
- Maximum shiploader outreach of 43 metres.
Dock SpecificationsDolphin type berth; berthing dolphins of 150 metres, and mooring dolphins of 370 metres.
Maximum Vessel Size
- 325 metres LOA
- 50 metres beam
- 20 metres draft
- 250,000 DWT
- 27 metres maximum air draft of over cargo holds, measured from HHW with vessel in fully de-ballasted condition.
- 240 metres maximum overall hatch length.